Saw these flower crabs stacked beautifully in the seafood section of the store. Simply couldn’t resist getting it for lunch. Went around to look for the herbs & spices to make the most easiest and most delicious Bird’s Eye Chili Crab dish ever.
- 4-5 flower crabs
- 4 sticks of Bird’s Eye Chilies
- A stick of Lemon grass
- 2cm bits of blue ginger
- 2cm bits of young ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large red onion
- 1 small box of coconut milk
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste(optional)
- Lightly scrub the crabs. Wash and remove the insides of the crab. You might want to keep the shell of the crab for plating.
- Crack the pincers with the knife or you can use the stone pestle.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients except for the coconut milk into a paste.
- Heat up a pot with any 2tbsp of cooking oil.
- Sauté the paste until it dries.
- Add 400ml of water (I added water into the box of coconut milk and used that)
- Let it boil and add the coconut milk.
- Add the flower crab into the pot.
- Move the crabs around and try to coat them with the gravy.
- Cover the pot and let it boil come to a boil once.
- You may garnish mint leaves before serving.
- Food on the table. 🙂