The last batch of blueberries from the fields turned into this.
Managed to salvage the recipe from the back of the PHILADELPHIA cream cheese box and it proved to be a total winner.
- 100g of Ritz crackers
- 80g of melted butter
- 3 blocks of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g blueberries
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Crush the crackers into fine crumbs and add melted butter.
- Grease the spring cake tin. Press the crumb mixture into it and bake for 10mins. Take it out and cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer, whip up the blocks of cream cheese till smooth.
- Add 2 cups of castor sugar and mix well. Add greek yoghurt, eggs, vanilla extract.
- Make sure the crumb base is completely cool before pouring the cream cheese mixture in.
- Wrap the base of the tin with 2 layers of foil to prevent water from seeping in the tin.
- Place it in the middle of a roasting pan filled with an inch of water.
- Bake for 50mins-1hr or when the centre is a little jiggly. Take it out and leave to cool completely. Overnight chilling would yield best results otherwise minimum of 4hrs ought to suffice.
- Making the blueberry topping. Heat up a heavy based pot on low. Combine blueberries & 2 tbsp of castor sugar. Stir till bubbling and using a potato masher, mash up the blueberries roughly. If need to, add a little bit of water to get it going. Let it come to a boil, add cornstarch and mix well. Let mixture thickens and cool completely. Or you could spread blueberry jam on it before serving.