To celebrate the summer, I made a simple and yummy jam spread. Two important ingredients needed. Blueberries and honey.
- 700g of blueberries
- 1 cup of runny honey/raw sugar
- In a heavy based pot, add blueberries and honey.
- On a medium low fire, stir continuously to mix the two throughly and to avoid being burnt.
- When the blueberries are wilted, use a potato masher to break them up slightly.
- Adjust the sweetness to your preference by adding more honey or raw sugar.
- If the mixture looks dry, add a little warm water to get it going again.
- Cook until it thickens. Pour it into sterilized glass bottles and leave to cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
Just heavenly. 🙂