An almost perfect way to welcome the frosty winter; S’mores for breakfast. An idea that was hatched by the girls a long long time ago but it took me quite a while to actually doing it because finding halal marshmallows here was seemingly impossible. So we parked that brilliant idea somewhere (almost forgotten I must say) until our trusty friends, who came all the way from home, brought a couple of bags (along with other treasures) with them. Hugs 🙂
If you are one of the fortunate souls who need not wait for your marshmallows to be freighted, now would be the best time to warm up that cast iron skillet of yours and make some toasty S’mores dip!
- a knob of butter
- chocolate chips
- Heat up the skillet in the oven for 10-15mins at 200 degree celcius.
- Using an oven glove, carefully take the skillet out and swirl the knob of butter all over the skillet.
- Put the pan down and pour the chocolate chips, covering the skillet.
- Arrange the marshmallows on top of the layer of the scattered chocolate chips.
- Pop it into the oven and bake it for about 10-15mins, depending on how toasty you want it to be. Just make sure you watch it like a hawk as marshmallows do burn quickly.