Just the simplest, easiest & no frills vanilla cupcake recipe ever. Another keeper in the bake department.;)
- 3/4 cups of butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 3/4 cups of castor sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius. Sieve the flour, salt & baking powder.
- Cream the butter for 30s on high. Add the sugar in 3 batches. Mix well on medium.
- Followed by the eggs, yolk by yolk. Mix well on low.
- Next alternate the flour mixture and buttermilk into the batter.
- Finally, add the vanilla in.
- Line the muffin tray with cupcake liners and with an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake with 2/3 of batter.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or till cooked (skewer test).