If you are like me and the girls who love love love candy canes, this simple recipe is a keeper. Better still, you can make lots of them, store it in the fridge and you can have candy canes all year round. 😉
Psst, the last time I checked all candy canes going at 30% discount at The Warehouse.
- Peppermint Candy canes
- 250g chocolate buttons/bars/chips etc
- 250g white chocolate buttons/bars/chips etc
- A few drops of peppermint essense
- Put the cane in a bag and bashed them up to bits.
- Melt the chocolate using double boil or the microwave.
- Pour it out into a lined baking tray. Spread it out evenly.
- Pop it into the fridge for abt 20 mins or so.
- After 15 mins of waiting, do the same for the white chocolate. Add a few drops of peppermint essence into the mixture.
- Take out the tray from the fridge and pour the mixture into the tray and spread it evenly.
- Top it with the crushed candy canes. Try to get as many to stick by pressing it into the white chocolate.
- Put it back into the fridge for 20-30mins.
- Take it out and flip it over and crack it up. You can use a pestle or a rolling pin.