This is the one and only cookie recipe that I can always depend on and it is always the first on my list of bakes for any season and any time. It tastes like a type of cookie from a certain world famous cookie store that shall not be named here. So try it for yourself to see how the cookie crumbles. 😉
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup of soft brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp fresh milk
- 4 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups (or more Ha!) chocolate chips (I used buttons)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- In large bowl, cream sugar, butter. Add egg, oil, milk and vanilla with a whisk. Mix well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, walnut and chocolate chips.
- Roughly shape the cookies according desired size.
- Bake for 10-15mins at 175 degree Celsius. Remove from tray and cool cookies completely before storing.
- I’ve tried shaping them into balls but I don’t really fancy the look of it. Too flat out for me and lacks character.