Sharing this simple traditional recipe which was used for the fundraising event.
- Enough glutinous rice flour
- Enough pandan juice/essense
- Palm sugar (cubed)
- Desiccated coconut threads
- Boil 3/4 pot of water on medium heat.
- In a big bowl, slowly add the pandan juice to the glutinous rice flour. Mix well until it reaches the consistency of playdough. I can’t find any screwpine leaves to make fresh pandan juice here so I used this instead which I got from the Asian market.
- Take a little dough and flatten it out with your fingers. Place the palm sugar in the middle and shape it into a ball.
- Gently pop them into the boiling water and wait for it to rise before scooping them out using a slotted ladle.
- Coat the ondeh-ondeh with desiccated coconut threads (add a pinch of salt) by moving them around the tray.
And my work here is done. 😉