Another easy to do all day meal that feeds the family. My job was done in an hour.
- 500g of ground beef
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 2-3 tbsp of corn flour
- White & black pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- A small knob of ginger root
- 1 stalk lemon grass- white part
- 3-4 stalks of carrots (roughly chopped)
- 1 liter/cube beef stock
- Spices: 2-3 caramadom, 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon quil, 2-3 cloves
- Coriander leaves
- Bean sprouts
- Fried shallots (optional)
- Lime/lemon (optional)
For the noodles, you can use any type. Yellow noodles, rice vermicili noodles or flat rice noodles. To prepare the noodles, follow the instructions on the package.
- For the meatballs, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Let it stand for about 10mins. Then, shaped it into medium sized balls and put it aside.
- For the soup. Blitz onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass into a paste.
- Heat up the pot and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the paste and fry till the slightly dry.
- Add the spices and continue stirring.
- Then add the stock in. If you are using the cube stock, add enough water before adding the cube. Let it come to a rolling boil.
- Next, chopped carrots. Let it boil again.
- Lower the flame and gently add the meatballs into the soup. The meatballs will rise to the surface of the pot when they are cooked. Add coriander leaves if you like.
- To assemble the dish. Put the noodles in a bowl. Add bean sprouts. Ladle the soup and meatballs. You may add more coriander leaves and a wedge of lime or lemon. And top with spicy soy sauce