Ever wonder how to get those wings to be crunchy outside yet moist inside? Here’s the one and only recipe that you will ever need. Ever.
- Chicken wings (cut into two)
- Potato Starch (Asian markets)
- 2 tsp of chopped ginger
- Salt & black pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Marinate chicken wings with salt, black pepper and chopped ginger for 10-15mins.
- Heat up the oil on medium.
- Set up a battering line. Coat the chicken with potato starch. Shake off the excess. Repeat.
- For even frying, fry the same part of chicken together. Fry the chicken for 12-13mins. Take it out and put it aside in a metal strainer to drain the excess oil.
- Fry the second batch. After 12mins, take them out and put the first batch of chickens into the hot oil and fry them till golden and crispy(double fry).
- Do the same for the second batch. Continue with the remaining chicken wings.
You can use this batter recipe for any type of chicken battered dish. Rodeo wings, buffalo wings, Korean spicy wings the list goes on. I leave it to your imagination 😉