Long overdue recipe because of the term break (that’s another story that I will share ;)) so here’s my version of the oldest recipe in the book. It’s easy to cook, a good way to get as many vegetables in a dish and you can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! So try making this one pot wonder and you will be officially worry-free for the rest of the day. 😉
- Half head of cabbage
- 4-5 carrots
- A handful of green/string beans
- 2-3 pieces of firm tofu (lightly fried)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 bulb of red onion
- 2 tbs of dried shrimp(soaked)
- 1inch turmeric root
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 2 fresh chilies (sliced thinly)
- 4-5 kaffir leaves (roughly torn)
- 1 small packet of coconut milk (Kara)
- 1-2 tsp tumeric powder
- Salt and sugar
- Prep the vegetable like so.
- Blend the onions, garlic, shrimp, tumeric root, lemon grass into a paste.
- Heat up the oil (3-4 tbs) and sauté the paste until fragrant.
- Add water (enough to submerge everything), add coconut milk. Season well. You may add more tumeric powder to adjust the colour.
- Add carrots and let it come to a rolling boil. Then add cabbage and beans. Mix well.
- Add the fresh chillies and kafir leaves.
- And finally add the tofu.Season with salt & sugar.